Dernière édition par wims le Sam 21 Mai 2022 - 20:06, édité 1 fois
wims
wims
Admin
Admin

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Zen Pinball Party Re: Kung Fu Panda

Message par richc111 Lun 21 Mar 2022 - 21:07

Peter "Pewet" Kovacs makes his design debut at Zen with a table based on a film I really like that could've been a bit better. The big gimmick of this table is actually something that I could see being done on a real table - the center Adversary training dummy target, which you shoot with the ball and acts as a "captive ball" of sorts to light modes. We haven't seen a mechanic like this in pinball since, what, Cue Ball Wizard in 1992? So it's awesome seeing it make a comeback.

Like most of the Zen Pinball Party tables, this game is a mission based affair with six missions right on the center of the playfield, all of which are pretty standard and I won't go into, but this table goes a bit beyond and adds the side objective of collecting figures of the Furious Five. In theory, this would be a neat idea - more and more pinball machines have introduced rules where completing tasks rewards you with certain perks, and I can clearly see that this game is trying to do the same thing. However, where the game loses me is how difficult some of these figures are to obtain. I only got all five after many, many failed attempts, and the lack of a bonus award or anything for getting them all is rather confusing. Maybe if it gets ported the rules will be fleshed out a bit, but right now, it feels like a lot of effort for not much reward.

That's actually a theme I noticed with this table - making seemingly simple objectives difficult to accomplish. To light the kickback, you need to complete the return lanes followed by the dangerous gong drop targets. To get either multiball, you have to shoot the steep ramp shots and hope that the ball returns nicely. I don't mind it here, as it gives the table some challenge I felt was lacking from the other games in this Apple Arcade exclusive. My problem is that collecting the figures is just *too much* of a challenge at the moment.

Overall, a 3/5 table. What's awesome about seeing new designers at Zen is that they continue to evolve their games over time - and I can't wait to see what Pewet learned from designing this table when Sky Pirates: Treasure of the Clouds releases.
richc111
richc111
LUPien en croissance
LUPien en croissance

Zen Pinball Party Re: Kung Fu Panda

Message par wims Lun 21 Mar 2022 - 21:21

Ok Pewet est donc le designer de ce plateau, et aussi de Sky Pirates, merci pour l'info qui me manquait !
wims
wims
Admin
Admin

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut