TWITTER
Suivez-nous!
FACEBOOK
Suivez-nous!
INSTAGRAM
DISCORD

What are your 5 favorite tables?

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

What are your 5 favorite tables? Empty What are your 5 favorite tables?

Message par richc111 Ven 8 Juil 2022 - 20:15

Figured this would be a fun topic to discuss - what are 5 of your favorite tables in any of the Pinball FX games? Doesn't have to be in any order, just the ones you enjoyed the most. My top 5 are:

- Jurassic Park. One of the absolute best layouts in the game, rules that encourage repeating modes, and just the right scoring balance to make every mode in the game feel like they have a purpose. I think the difficult layout and shot returns are part of what keep me coming back.
- DOOM. Just like the game you're kept in a constant state of flow making combos and defeating demons during missions. Every shot leads to something and only the best players can make it to the end and defeat the Cyberdemon. Another addictive and fun game.
- Pinball Noir. With the exception of overpowered Mobster Multiball scoring this game is another gem and has one of the more unique layouts I've seen, though it does take a bit to get used to. My absolute favorite shot is the left lane to side ramp for jackpot multiplier but there's plenty of great shots here.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi. While very clearly a digital table, a lot of the gimmicks in this game I could see being done in a real table and the strategy with increasing / decreasing troops is something I can appreciate - you're not guaranteed a great ball unless you have them maxed at 150%.
- Venom. Takes what worked in the real table "Blackwater 100" and turns it into a fully-realized, modern-style game with tons of modes and a well-designed layout. Also has one of my absolute favorite wizard modes in any game with the potential for billion+ point payouts if you have the correct hero ball.

Honorable mentions include Solo (great but not big on Revolt Multiball being overpowered), Women of Power: Champions (same but with Squirrel Girl Multiball), and Back to the Future (multiballs are way too easy to activate and keep alive, negating so much of the game). Of course these are only my opinions, speaking as someone who looks for fair, but difficult challenge in Zen tables. Would love to hear what your 5 favorites are.
richc111
richc111
LUPien timide
LUPien timide

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

What are your 5 favorite tables? Empty Re: What are your 5 favorite tables?

Message par FunkySon Ven 8 Juil 2022 - 20:27

Je n'ai pas vraiment un avis objectif puisque je n'ai pas encore joué toutes celles que j'ai (la honte Smile ).
Tu vois par exemple il y a Doom que je ne connais pas trop et qui doit être super. Et plein de Marvel que je n'ai pas jouées.
Par contre il y en a sur lesquelles j'ai passé beaucoup de temps parce que je les ai appréciées.

- Star Wars Episode 6
- Wild West Rampage
- Star Wars Rebels est une que je n'ai pas joué énormément mais j'ai un super bon souvenir. La beauté de ce plateau.
Et après ce sont les classiques Williams comme
- Monster Bash
- et Attack From Mars.
FunkySon
FunkySon
Admin
Admin

Message par wims Ven 8 Juil 2022 - 21:34

Ah l'exercice de la table de flipper qu'on emmènerait sur une île déserte. OK mais y'a t'il de l'électricité sur cette île, sinon ça sert à rien ?

Extrêmement difficile d'en choisir 5 sur 100, donc ma technique : une par licence, avec 3 mots pour les qualifier. En sachant que je n'ai pas encore vraiment joué aux dernières.

Williams : Road Show : fun, automates, milliards.
Marvel : Fear Itself : nervosité, magnétisme, adrénaline.
Universal : Jurrassic Park : couleurs, ambiance, missions.
Star Wars : Han Solo : Cantina, originalité, wizard mode.
Zen : Curse of the Mummy : Egypte, beauté, enivrante.
wims
wims
Admin
Admin

Message par richc111 Sam 9 Juil 2022 - 15:42

wims a écrit:Ah l'exercice de la table de flipper qu'on emmènerait sur une île déserte. OK mais y'a t'il de l'électricité sur cette île, sinon ça sert à rien ?

Extrêmement difficile d'en choisir 5 sur 100, donc ma technique : une par licence, avec 3 mots pour les qualifier. En sachant que je n'ai pas encore vraiment joué aux dernières.

Williams : Road Show : fun, automates, milliards.
Marvel : Fear Itself : nervosité, magnétisme, adrénaline.
Universal : Jurrassic Park : couleurs, ambiance, missions.
Star Wars : Han Solo : Cantina, originalité, wizard mode.
Zen : Curse of the Mummy : Egypte, beauté, enivrante.

See, Han Solo & Fear Itself were both honorable mentions for me but didn't quite make it, despite still being fond of both tables. Han Solo requires a *lot* of grinding to do well on, and while the table has some great moments, those moments are spaced out by long periods of nothing happening. Fear Itself would be a great table if Chaos Multiball wasn't so easy to start and so high-scoring compared to the more difficult missions.

As for Road Show, yeah, table is pretty good though I'd like it even better if the ramps directly fed the return lanes like they do on some examples. Minor nitpick though, it's probably the best of Zen's Williams recreations so far.
richc111
richc111
LUPien timide
LUPien timide

Message par Georgyboy Sam 9 Juil 2022 - 23:24

Allez je vais faire comme vous une par univers !

Williams : Monster Bash, j'aime son gameplay avec ses 2 modes sorciers et l'univers Rock
Marvel : J'hésite entre Dr Strange et les Gardiens de la galaxie mais je vais dire les Gardiens car elle a été ma table de prédilection pendant un petit moment et que j'adore l'univers des Gardiens et juste derrière le Dr du coup parce que j'adore cette table !
Star Wars : Han Solo parce que Han Solo quoi !
Zen : Castlestorm je n'ai plus le cri en tête mais rien que pour cette réplique et sa jouabilité très fun.
Autre univers : Aliens j'adore la retranscription du film et la musique bien stressante quand j'y joue je suis vraiment dedans !
Georgyboy
Georgyboy
LUPien confirmé
LUPien confirmé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut